The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) Board approved innovation funding to support five Iowa startups located in Des Moines, Le Claire, West Des Moines and Iowa City.
- HomePainter, based in Des Moines, has developed an online estimating tool that provides homeowners with an accurate paint estimate in less than five minutes, then subcontracts booked jobs to local vetted and registered painters. The company was awarded a $25,000 Proof of Commercial Relevance (POCR) loan for product refinement, market planning and key personnel.
- Le Claire-based Trigger Interactive LLC is currently under development of A.I.M.S.S. (Attachable Interactive Modular Shooting System). A.I.M.S.S. is a wireless and expandable system of smart target attachments that mount to steel firearm targets and give the targets the ability to interact with the user. Trigger Interactive was awarded a $25,000 POCR loan for market analysis, proof of concept work, product refinement, market planning, key personnel and equipment.
- MakuSafe Corp. in West Des Moines produces proprietary wearable technology and gathers real-time environmental and motion data from workers to identify high-risk trends in a facility. The company was awarded a $100,000 loan from the Demonstration Fund for market planning and key personnel.
- Based in Iowa City, Rantizo Inc. is developing an integrated drone-based platform for the identification of in-field anomalies and targeted aerial application of agricultural chemicals via its electrostatic spray technology. Rantizo was awarded a $100,000 loan from the Demonstration Fund for product development and evaluation, field trials, product refinement, market planning, key personnel, equipment, initial production costs and regulatory advancement.
- Lender Close Inc., based in West Des Moines, is a web-based application/software built to provide credit unions and community lenders the latest mortgage lending technology products. The company was awarded a $250,000 Propel loan from the Iowa Innovation Acceleration Fund for compliance and risk management.